Bird Park Concerts
The 2016 Bird Park Summer Concerts schedule is below. All concerts are from 5:30pm - 7:30pm at Bird Park (Upas St @ 28th Street in North Park).
Please no alcohol, glass, grills, or unleashed dogs.
See you at Bird Park!
Did you know that one Bird Park Summer Concert Series costs the North Park Community Association between $19,000 and $20,000 to produce? All funding has to be privately raised and you can help.
Make a tax deductible concern donation online.
Click Here to Give OnlineClick here to make a donation via GivingBase.
History of the Concerts
The Series began in 2002 when North Park resident, Nellie Harris, had the innovative idea of holding free community concerts in the newly designed area of Morley Field … Bird Park. She met with members of the North Park Community Association and residents living along the Park, creating two concerts that first summer. The NPCA continues to produce the now five concert series with the help of generous donations and sponsorships from residents and local businesses.
Become a Concert Sponsor
Your generous contributions make this series possible. All donations and sponsorships are tax deductible as the NPCA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The different sponsor levels are:
- Platinum $3,500 - approved personal promotion at every concert, inclusion on concert marketing materials and NPCA website concert page, an annual website banner, one year NPCA membership
- Gold $2,500 - approved personal promotion at every concert, inclusion on concert marketing materials and NPCA website concert page, one year NPCA membership
- Silver $1,500 - approved personal promotion at one concert, inclusion on concert marketing materials and NPCA website concert page, one year NPCA membership
- Enthusiast $500 - inclusion on concert marketing materials and NPCA website concert page, one year NPCA membership
- Patron $300 - inclusion on NPCA website concert page, one year NPCA membership
- Fan $100 - one year NPCA membership
Become a Concert Volunteer
This annual neighborhood event could not happen without dedicated volunteers generously donating their time. These events require volunteers to cover: Fundraising [October to mid-May]; Marketing and Advertising [February to July]; Music/Band Selection [January to February]; and working on the Day of the Event.
For more information, to become a sponsor, or volunteer please contact us.
Sign ups for North Park Youth Basketball
December 1, 10:00amNorth Park Recreation Facility, 4044 Idaho St, San Diego, CA 92104, USA
Free Tuesdays, Balboa Park Museums
January 24, 10:00amBalboa Park Museums
January 25, 6:00pmThe Lafayette Hotel, 2223 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92104, United States
North Park Farmers Market
January 26, 3:00pm3000 N Park Way, San Diego, CA 92104, USA
Make It Yourself - Drop-In Community Art Classes
January 28, 2:00pmArt Produce 3139 University Ave
Weekly Organ Concert
January 29, 2:00pmSpreckels Organ Pavilion, Balboa Park